125 : postsecret

A world of secrets come together at once on the blog Postsecret. While there are many so called "Postsecret" blogs, the original was started by Frank Warren on January 1, 2005. The actual secrets that appear on the blog aren't the part that makes me happy, although some make me burst out loud laughing, its what the blog means to people that makes me happy. Such a unique concept, Warren meant for secrets to bring people together. Even though the submissions are anonymous Warren "claims that the postcards are inspirational to those who read them, have healing powers for those who write them, give hope to people who identify with a stranger's secret, and create an anonymous community of acceptance." Beautiful. I was even so lucky to hear Warren speak at our local Borders in Torrance and bought another book while I was there. Was truly inspired when I left.

No comments:

Post a Comment