137 : ecospheres


For those of you unfamiliar, Ecospheres are a self-contained, self-sustaining ecosystem encased in glass. They're filled with filtered sea water, small shrimp, algae & bacteria. Not only are they super simple and beautiful looking, but it just baffles me that they can live like this for years, just on the elements found inside the glass. Simply amazing.

After recent developments, I was considering one of these beautiful little things. But last night when the bf and I were looking at them, he laughed saying I would get bored with it in a week and all my shrimp would die in less than six months (they can live up to 5 years or more)... And as much as I hate to admit it, he's probably right.

And although an Ecosphere is probably not in my near future, you have to admit, that they're pretty freaking cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment