135 : scoops

One of the best places we've found for ice cream in LA is Scoops. The tiny little place is usually pretty packed, and sometimes features some strange and interesting flavors. Combinations you wouldn't necessarily expect or see anywhere else. Things like: Pear Merlot, Strawberry Balsamic, Ricotta Blueberry, Goat Cheese Lavender, Bacon Caramel...and wait for it...Foie Gras & Onion. Umm...really?

While I have yet to try some of the more interesting flavors, my favorite so far has been the Guinness Tiramisu. So super yummy.

Sunday's flavors weren't all that interesting. Maybe because we went an hour before closing. Another good thing about Scoops, is that you can get two different flavors and it counts as one scoop. My choice... Almond Coconut & Red Velvet Cake. Almond Coconut was ok, but seemed more almondy than coconuty. And they gave me chocolate instead of Red Velvet Cake so I ended up with ice cream overload.

No comments:

Post a Comment