292 : no one was hurt

Today was a difficult day for me... just after I got back to the office from lunch with a friend, my office building caught fire. Smoke quickly filled the upstairs hall, and in panic mode I grabbed the Monster and ran down the hallway out the building. With glass breaking, flames coming out of office windows and enormous amounts of smoke, I was anything but calm...safe, yes. Calm, no.

When the smoke cleared, I was grateful for a few things: no one was hurt, my office wasn't burned (just smokey), and I got back to the office when I did (had I been half an hour later, Monster would probably not be here).

Damage, destruction and heartbreak was definitely at 670/672 Silver Spur Road today, but at the end of the day, almost everything lost can be replaced...and that is something to be happy about.

1 comment:

  1. Jennifer, so glad to hear that you and your office are OK. Fran W. (PV Library)

    ReplyDelete