82 : zoe

In 2008 stray cats seemed to gravitate towards us. In one year, we either tamed, rescued, or found homes for 6 cats...crazy but true.

One day in my grandma's backyard, three little kittens emerged. I got the lovely job of taming them. Lucky me. Two of them were incredibly sweet and found homes quickly. The third? Not so much. I couldn't walk by her without getting hissed at, and she'd try to bite me whenever I tried to give her food or water. Not to mentioned she'd cry non-stop, day and night. One night we left her on our enclosed porch in her carrier (with food, water, a litterbox and blankets) with a towel over her. The next morning we discovered someone came on the porch and either took her, or let her out.

A week later she was at the back door hungry. She still wanted nothing to do with me. But the plate of food in the house was too much for her to bare, and when she came in the house, she was caught.

After 3 weeks at home, she was brought to the office. For the first week, she still wanted nothing to do with either of us. If you'd look at her, she'd run. We left her there over the weekend, going to check on her periodically.

Monday morning we were in for a shock. She suddenly wanted to be pet and loved. Umm...wasn't this the cat that tried to bite my hand off two days ago? Yup. Completely transformed. She'd sleep on my desk and want to cuddle non-stop. She was the only one we had long enough to actually name...zoe.
 

 
Far too soon, the day came that we needed to find her a home. The man that adopted one of her sisters, took her as well. It was one sad day for me. I still miss that little girl like crazy. Who would have thought?


She even helped with projects...


And one of her sister (which we didn't name) because she's just so darn cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment