342 : kallie

Just about a year ago, as I was pulling into my usual parking spot at the studio, I thought I saw a cat by a storage unit. I got out of my car and went to check it out, and sure enough, a scared, skin and bones kitty ran to hide. A few minutes later Monique got to the studio, and we went to Petco to grab some food. The poor little thing was starving. As she was eating, I grabbed her and brought her into the office. She had been neglected for so long, I couldn't just leave her outside to die.

After tons and tons of calls to try and find someone that would take her, it was mentioned that a client/friend, Lenore, volunteered at an animal rescue, Much Love. She told us to take the cat to the closest shelter, and that she'd keep in contact with them to get updates on the cat. Three days later, the cat was red-listed to be put to sleep. She had chronic gingevitis and stomatitis – due to prolonged deprivation – and needed several teeth extracted. She also developed pneumonia because she had been outside for so long, and they believed that she was depressed. Luckily, Lenore and Much Love decided to step in and rescue the kitty, believing that she could be saved with some medical attention and TLC.

Today the cat, (which Much Love named Kallie (in honor of yours truly)) is now happy and healthy in a forever home. Knowing I helped save a little feline life makes me happy beyond words.

Oh, and If you're feeling a little generous this holiday season, Much Love is a great organization to help out.

1 comment:

  1. Jennifer, nice story about Kallie. Now that the year is almost over, are going to continue after the 365 days of blogging? Fran W

    ReplyDelete