226 : my "new vase"

When I was super little and I'd go to my great grandma's house, I'd spend most of my time in her tiny little enclosed patio. There were potted plants galore, and even a grape vine growing in the corner. To water her massive plant collection, she had a bucket she'd fill with water, and then dip this little metal pitcher in to fill it and proceed to water the plants. Naturally, whenever I was over there, I'd do this as well.

Maybe about 10 years ago, my great grandma fell and broke her hip, and went to live with my grandma (She lived alone until she was 90!). Shortly after, while the family cleaned out her house and prepped for an estate sale, my mom asked if I wanted anything. My answer...that little metal watering pitcher. She laughed and told me that when she was little that was their milk pitcher. Boy had that thing been around a long time even then.

So, what to many would be a piece of junk, to me is a little piece of treasure. And after sitting for years in my mom's garage, that little metal milk pitcher/watering can now adorns my office as my not-so-new vase.

No comments:

Post a Comment