217 : sketching in the shower

There usually aren't too many minutes of my day that aren't spent thinking about work, projects, clients, etc. Truth be told, I can be a bit of a workaholic. But since this isn't a 9 to 5, I can't just turn my brain off when my work day is over, on the weekend, and on holidays. It's always going. And I mean always.

I know I'm particularly excited about a certain project when I "sketch" in the shower. My finger is my pen and the condensation on the walls and door is my canvas. Then as I draw my funky shapes and mock text, I laugh a little because for some reason, I very very rarely will ever sketch on paper.

This morning was one of my shower sketching days and I seriously can't wait until the project gets underway. It has the makings to be great...submission for design competitions great. And it makes my heart happy to see how much I've accomplished and how far I've come.

No comments:

Post a Comment