48 : chocolate bacon bar

Applewood smoked bacon + Alder wood smoked salt + Deep milk chocolate...Bet you are reading this thinking "Bacon and chocolate are two words that don't go together." Right? Wrong! So wrong! One of my favorite chocolate companies, Vosges Haut Chocolat, makes this interesting combination, and so many more, into a chocolate bar. We sampled this creation at Alcove Cafe & Bakery in Los Feliz. After getting past the initial shock of the combination, I thought what the heck, why not, and was pleasantly surprised that it was actually pretty good. That first bar hasn't been and will not be my last chocolate bacon bar experience.

1 comment:

  1. i have that in my freezer right now... it's been there for weeks, months maybe... and i cannot bring myself to sample it... after reading your blog post, i might just have to break it out... xoxo

    ReplyDelete