180 : good eats


I know some people don't get it, but I love Alton Brown's geeky knowledge of everything food related on Good Eats. I mean, seriously...he dedicated an entire half hour episode to mayo?

To those of you yet to see Good Eats, it's basically a cooking show combined with Bill Nye the Science Guy. Each episode is dedicated to one item (angel food cake, ground beef, fried chicken, asparagus, honey...almost anything you can think of) and provides an indepth look at that particular item or recipe, and even includes bits of trivia. 

While the mayo episode may not have been relevant to my adventures in the kitchen, I love how he can spend an entire episode dedicated to one thing.

Currently in it's 14 season, so I'm obviously not the only food geek out there who loves this stuff...although the designer in me cringes at the sight of the logo and graphics.

1 comment: